Mitsubishi Electric Asia has announced an ESG-driven partnership with Evercomm, Singapore. This collaboration aims to address obstacles to the adoption of intelligent manufacturing initiatives across the Asia-Pacific region by leveraging emerging technology for low-carbon manufacturing.
The top three hurdles to the adoption of intelligent manufacturing initiatives in the Asia-Pacific region include employee resistance to technology adoption, a shortage of necessary skills, and the need for clear definitions of the value of smart manufacturing. Manufacturing industries are facing increased pressure due to growing carbon tax regulations, necessitating greater vendor authenticity and governmental compliance in relation to CO2 emissions linked to energy use and industrial processes.
This partnership is a response to the competitive pressures in this landscape. Mitsubishi Electric and Evercomm are bringing innovative manufacturing solutions specifically tailored for heavy and automated industry sectors to assess and reduce CO2 emissions more efficiently.
“Data transparency for verifying business practices is an industry imperative today, especially with the high stakes in carbon reporting and accountability in Asia for manufacturers and all sectors,” says Chen Chiu-Hao (Ted), CEO of Evercomm, Singapore. “Our technology supports industries in transitioning to lower-carbon practices.”
This collaboration aligns with Singapore’s goal of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050. The Singapore government is actively supporting the industry’s move toward robust manufacturing capacity through green technology. Singapore PM Lee echoed this sentiment at the recent G20 summit, emphasizing the need for global cooperation in areas such as establishing reliable and resilient supply chains, creating a conducive environment for decarbonization investments, and facilitating smooth transitions to climate-friendly practices through high-integrity carbon markets.
“Ahead of COP 28, we aim to lead the transformation of the manufacturing sector. By combining automation expertise with precision in carbon emission verification, we are poised to redefine smart manufacturing practices in the region,” explains Kunihiko Seki, Managing Director of Mitsubishi Electric Asia.
Through this partnership, Evercomm and Mitsubishi Electric will offer solutions that integrate Evercomm’s software with Mitsubishi Electric’s products to achieve carbon neutrality for their customers. The companies plan to consolidate manufacturing site data on CO2 emissions and reductions collected by Mitsubishi Electric’s SCADA into Evercomm’s management software.
This consolidation will provide industries with carbon efficiency, transparency, and greater efficiency. Using this proprietary software can enhance data authenticity by up to 90%, increase productivity in carbon accounting by up to 80%, reduce external assurance time by up to 60%, and consequently reduce third-party verification costs.
Six Industry benefits from this partnership
- Carbon Emission Verification: The platform focuses on verifying carbon emissions, a critical step in accurately assessing an organization’s environmental impact. This verification process ensures that reported emissions data is dependable and suitable for decision-making and reporting.
- Carbon Footprint Management: The platform aims to assist businesses and organizations in gaining a better understanding of and quantifying their carbon footprint. This involves monitoring and measuring greenhouse gas emissions from various activities and operations, including energy consumption and transportation.
- Automation: This partnership offers automation solutions to simplify the process of disclosing carbon footprints. It reduces the administrative burden of collecting and reporting emissions data and provides precise emerging tech solutions.
- Net-Zero Planning: Supports businesses in achieving net-zero carbon emissions. This includes planning and management tools to help organizations reduce their carbon footprint and transition to carbon-neutral operations.
- Digital Transformation: Technology accelerates how organizations report their sustainability efforts. This can make it easier for businesses to incorporate environmental considerations into their overall strategy.
- Regulatory Compliance: Accurate carbon emissions data is often required to comply with environmental regulations and reporting requirements.
Mitsubishi Electric Asia has been a pioneer in developing carbon-neutral and energy-saving management systems within factory automation, robotics, and industrial technology. These systems are designed to reduce energy consumption and optimize operational efficiency while minimizing environmental impact. Their proven solutions bring valuable expertise to this partnership, advancing sustainable manufacturing and industrial practices.
By 2051, Mitsubishi Electric has committed to achieving net-zero greenhouse gas emissions throughout its entire value chain and zero greenhouse gas emissions from factories and offices by 2031. The company already provides clients with the capability to monitor energy usage more effectively and implement AI-driven automation of processes. With this partnership with Evercomm, Mitsubishi Electric can now offer industries more effective ways to comply with ESG standards, assist their clients in improving their digital automation and energy monitoring, and now incorporate greenhouse gas monitoring, ultimately reducing costs.